What is the Cheapest Monthly VPN?
You might be wondering: If you’re looking for the cheapest VPN service, why not go for a free one instead? For one, free VPNs are not free of charge, after all. If they aren’t earning from you, they could be making money off you, so before we delve into the cheapest monthly VPN, it is essential to discover the difference between cheap VPN and free VPN services.
- Free VPNs have slow speeds. Hundreds, if not thousands, of users, connect to a free VPN server at a time, and the speed of connection is naturally affected by this traffic.
- Free VPNs laden with ads. Because providers of free VPNs don’t make money from user subscriptions, they bombard everyone with ads so they can earn money.
- Free VPNs sell your data. Providers of free VPN services earn money by collecting the personal information of users and selling these to data brokers and advertisers.
These are just three glaring differences between free VPNs and paid but cheap ones. Evidently, it’s better to shell out money for a VPN service rather than go for free VPN services that may cost you your privacy and security instead.
Cheapest VPN Service: $1 VPN, Cheapest Monthly VPN
After knowing that you should steer clear of free VPN services, the question to ask is how much money should you spend on a VPN service? Searching for the cheapest VPN service providers on any search engine will return dozens of providers, all of them claiming to offer the cheapest VPN service. However, when you look at their packages, their prices are at $5 to $9 a month, and those are already discounted for one-year and two-year subscription plans.
Take a look at the cheapest monthly VPN comparison table.
As you can see, LimeVPN offers the cheapest monthly VPN rate without any hidden charges. If you sign up for 24 months, you will end up paying only $1 a month. How cheap can one dollar VPN get?
Why Overpay for a VPN?
For as low as $1 a month, you will enjoy all the basic features that you need in a VPN service, and you won’t end up overpaying for VPN servers that you won’t ever use. Take note that the average VPN user connects to about three to five VPN servers each month, so you don’t really need to pay for hundreds of servers which is mainly why other VPN services are expensive.
LimeVPN doesn’t invest millions of dollars into fancy branded so-called “easy-to-use” VPN apps. Almost every device and every operating system already have the VPN configuration page in settings. All that users need to do is basically enter the VPN server address, login, and password. You don’t need to overpay $10 – $7 monthly for that.
Cheap prices do not always mean a cheap quality of service, especially with LimeVPN. If you go for LimeVPN’s Pro plan, you will get all of the basic features plus static IPs, dedicated private VPN node, port forwarding, P2P torrenting, dedicated speed of up to 1 Gbps, 20 simultaneous connections, and TOR over VPN. With LimeVPN for $11/mo, you can have a persona exclusive VPN server that only you will connect.
Cheapest Monthly VPN — $2.49
If you going on a trip or you don’t need a VPN on an every-month basis — you need only a 1 month VPN account. Cheapest monthly VPN is a solution for you. Other VPN providers charge ridiculously high rates for a monthly VPN plan — $10 – $13 paid monthly. LimeVPN’s monthly VPN price is only $2.49. Other VPN spend enormous budgets on marketing and advertisements and they rise monthly VPN prices to stay profitable. On the other hand, LimeVPN doesn’t pay for advertising and keeps marketing budgets low. S
How to Choose the Cheapest Monthly VPN Provider
While the price is a significant factor in choosing a VPN provider, other requirements also come into play. Choosing a VPN provider can be a tedious job since there are hundreds to choose from, but we suggest you look at these characteristics when searching for the cheapest monthly VPN service provider:
- No logging policy. This is first on the list because one of the primary reasons for VPN usage is privacy and security, with 31% of users citing anonymity while browsing the Internet as the reason why they use a VPN. If the provider you use is logging your personal data and your VPN usage, then it becomes futile as your identity can be exposed to the entities you are hiding from.
- Reliability. The VPN provider you choose must also have a good uptime percentage so you can use the service with minimal interruption and get value for money. Of course, no service is 100% up all the time, but a VPN provider shouldn’t have more than 15% downtime.
- Speed. Speed is arguably a hot topic when talking about VPNs since there is a trade-off between speed and heavy encryption (and therefore level of security). The location of the server can help improve connection speed though, so it’s important to choose a provider that has multiple servers all over the world so you will have a wide selection.
- Customer service. Most VPN clients are simple, user-friendly, and can easily be set up even when the user has little technical know-how. However, there may come a time when you need to contact a representative of the VPN provider, so you have to make sure that the customer support department is reachable and knowledgeable.
- No usage restrictions. Half of the VPN users worldwide use the service to access restricted entertainment content, but not all VPN providers can help you bypass restrictions set by entertainment companies (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Fox, etc) and governments (China, North Korea, Vietnam, Iran, and countries with heavy internet censorship). Some VPNs also disallow P2P connections, so it’s important to use a VPN service that does not have restrictions with regards to usage.
We could go on and on about how to choose a VPN provider, but these five are the most important characteristics that a good VPN provider should possess. This quality of service doesn’t have to be too expensive too. LimeVPN has these features, yet you only need to pay as low as $1 a month.
Cheapest Monthly VPN Service: Price vs. Quality
Although the price is an important element when choosing any merchandise or commodity, it shouldn’t be the only deciding factor at all. When it comes to VPNs, selecting a provider just because it’s cheap may be a good idea at first, but later on, you could find out that the quality is not good — slow speed, connection always dropping, and you can’t even access the sites you want to access.
It is therefore essential that you decide not only based on the price, but also on the quality of the service, and most importantly, that you have a way of testing the service. As mentioned before, LimeVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try out the service for 30 days which should be enough time to see that our cheap prices will actually get you decent, if not one of the best quality VPN services.