A Step-by-Step guide on how to Delete Your Facebook Search History
Sometimes you search for a product online and end up getting numerous Facebook ads about it. You must have also encountered this annoying problem after you made a purchase online. Is your search menu filled with searches you made just once because you needed to find something? You can solve all of these when you delete your Facebook search history.
Table of Content
Just as you would expect, it’s not that easy and straightforward to deal with. It would be better if you could just ask Facebook to stop recording your history but this feature isn’t available, and so you would need to keep deleting your Facebook history from time to time. This guide would show you how to take back your life from Facebook whether you are accessing the platform via your browser or using your iOS and Android device.
How to Delete Facebook Search History On the Website
If you delete your Facebook search history, it doesn’t mean you have erased it from their servers but deleting it disconnects the data from you. It also makes your search menu free from many search histories that seem to make you aware of your lack of privacy. This is how you can go about deleting your Facebook search history from the website:
Interesting Read : How to Delete Your Facebook Account, Google Search History, and More
- After you have logged into your Facebook account, click on the search box. It will cause a drop-down of your recent searches
- On the right, you will find the “Edit” option. Click on it.
- You will now see your search history
- Here you can do either of the following: you can click on “Edit” on the right-hand side of the screen and then choosing the “Delete” option from the menu to delete selected searches only
Or you can choose to delete everything at once by clicking on “Clear searches” at the top and again when the pop up appears
- By this, your Facebook search history would have disappeared
How to Delete Facebook Search History On Android
If you are using the Facebook app for android and you wish to clear your search history, the following steps would guide you on the process:
- Go to Facebook and log into your account
- Go to your profile and click on “Activity log” found under your profile picture. If it’s absent, click on the three dots on the top right hand of your screen. Activity log should be included in the resulting menu
- In the Activity log, click on “Category” and go down to “Search history”
- From here you have two actions you can carry out: you can delete the whole search history by tapping on the “Clear searches” option. You can also choose to delete specific searches by clicking next to the item and selecting “Delete”
- By this, your search history would have been deleted
How to Delete Facebook Search History On IOS
If yours is an iOS device and you want to delete your Facebook search history using your device, the following steps would guide you:
- Go to your profile after logging in to your Facebook account, and tap on the “Activity log” located under your profile picture
- At the top of the screen, you will see “Category”. Tap on it and scroll down until you see “Search history”. Tap on that too
- At this point you have two options: you can easily delete your entire search history by tapping on “Clear search”, or you can delete selected search entries by tapping on the three dots to the right side of the appropriate search entry and then tapping on “Delete”
- Your Facebook search history would have been deleted by these actions
Interesting Read : Facebook Security Tips You Need to Implement Today
With the rise in privacy concerns, it’s important that your online activities remain anonymous and not linked to you. If your activities are always open for public scrutiny, then your behavior would be studied and used to send personalized ads to you. Even though this is a means of generating revenue for the company, it is very annoying to you as the user and reduces your experience on the platform. And so to regain your privacy on Facebook, you need to know how to delete your Facebook search history.
There are other ways you can ensure that your online privacy stays intact and one of them is to use a VPN. A VPN encrypts your data and assigns a new IP address to you so that your requests appear to be coming from a different location. By this, it’s difficult to track you and anyone monitoring your activity would be fed with false data. Premium VPN services like LimeVPN have a strict no-logs policy that ensures that nothing you do online is stored so that you can be assured of maximum privacy.