How to Deactivate or Delete Your Snapchat Account?
Snapchat is an engaging social media platform that could get you carried away with its interesting features like goofy selfies, filters, and real-time life updates. You may want to take a break from Snapchat however or leave it entirely due to personal reasons.
If you are very keen on your online privacy, Snapchat could jeopardize your position. There is an internal Snapchat app called SnapLion that was created to have access to user data upon request by law enforcement.
Table of Content
1 . How to Delete Snapchat Account
2. How to Delete Snapchat Account On Your iPhone Or Android
3. How to Permanently Delete Snapchat
This access could be abused by employees to extract user data for their gain. All of these take away privacy from users and if you want to leave Snapchat for good, this guide will show you how to delete Snapchat.
How to Delete Snapchat Account
Step by Step Process
Your Snapchat account can be deleted via the Accounts Page.
1 . Visit Snapchat’s accounts page and log in. Click on “Delete My Account”.
2. Put in the username and password of the account you wish to delete.
3. Click on continue and your account would be deactivated for 30 days. After the 30 days, your account would be permanently deleted.
After deactivating your account, you have 30 days of grace to reactivate your account if you change your mind. If you wish to reactivate your account, just log back into your Snapchat account with your login credentials within the 30 days.
Interesting Read : How to Delete Your Facebook Account, Google Search History, and More
Reactivating your account could take up to 24 hours so exercise patience.
How to Delete Snapchat Account On Your iPhone Or Android
1 . Launch the Snapchat app and log in
2. Tap on your avatar located at the top left corner of your screen
3. Tap on the gear icon located at the top right corner of your screen
4. Under “Support”, choose “Help Center”
5. From there go to “My Account and Security > Account Information > Delete my Account”.
6. Select the “Accounts Portal” link and follow the steps
How to Permanently Delete Snapchat
After deactivating your account, deleting it permanently is pretty easy. All you have to do is to avoid logging into the account for 30 days after deactivating it. Doing this would make your Snapchat account to be almost completely gone but not quite. This is due to Snapchat’s privacy guidelines which states that they would retain some of your data due to legal, security, and business needs.
Snapchat stores three types of information:
- The information you give: all the info you put into the app in the course of using it.
- The information that is obtained as you use the app example, from your device, logs, location, and so on.
- Information that is gotten from third parties.
Snapchat can share this information with other users and companies it’s affiliation with. It can also share the information with business partners and law enforcement when required. You can download your data if you wish to.
Interesting Read : How to delete skype account?
Snapchat doesn’t provide privacy to your data, and doesn’t, make use of end to end encryption, leaving you susceptible to cyber-attacks and its good enough reason to want to delete Snapchat.
Snapchat has a lot of fancy features that make it widely used, but it’s less appealing to those whose priority is their online privacy. Your data is out there for the taking and your chats can easily be tapped into. All of these are good reasons to want to delete your account and if you have made up your mind, this guide will guide you through the steps on how to delete your Snapchat account.
The use of a VPN is a great way to ensure your privacy is intact and uncompromised. You get different IP addresses from different locations to choose from, and an encrypted connection amongst others. Not all VPNs are made equal and that’s why you need the best for high performance. LimeVPN gives you the best security and high anonymity to ensure you go about your online activities while retaining privacy.