Top 5 Methods to Unblock Instagram
You must have realized that while at school or work, your access to Instagram and other social media platforms have been denied. This is very common as the authorities believe that access to social media during business hours is a form of distraction that will reduce productivity. Even though this chain of thought makes sense, it is nonetheless frustrating. That is why we have this article to assist you in getting around the restrictions that have been placed so you can unblock Instagram.
Table of Content
1 .How to Unblock Instagram Mat School or Work?
2 .How to Unblock Someone on Instagram?
In some countries, the restriction on social media is more intense. Countries like China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Tunisia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, and some others have placed complete bans on social media, both the apps and access to through the website. And so in such locations, you won’t be able to access Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and also YouTube. Knowledge of such policies makes your restrictions in school and at the office seem better right?
Despite all the bans and restrictions, the fact remains that internet access is what you need to log in to your social media account. Since nobody can ban the internet completely, there are ways you can still have access to social media content and other blocked content.
How to Unblock Instagram Mat School or Work?
If you need a way to unblock Instagram at school or your workplace, it means they are strict and have blocked access to this site. Do not worry as there are a few tricks you can add to your arsenal that will help you get around this problem.
1 . Unblock Instagram with the use of mobile data: this is the most basic method to have access to your Instagram, account, and even though it is worth giving a try, it may not work. But if your school or office puts the ban overall connections to their Wi-Fi network only, then you can have access using your mobile data. Instagram feats on users’ data because of the type of files that are being shared. The data consumption would be much for you if you are a lover of stories.
2. Gain access to Instagram using proxy servers: the working of a proxy service can allow you to unblock Instagram even in an area where your access is blocked. Proxies hide your real IP address and so your ISP would not know where you are, as you will be browsing the internet anonymously. You could either use free proxies or paid proxies, but paid proxies to offer you more security. It is very easy to use proxies as all you have to do is copy the URL and paste it into the proxy web page. Every other process is automatic and will be taken care of by the proxy service.
3. Unblock Instagram using HTTP: its slightly possible that if you don’t have access to Instagram from work or school, altering the address will give you access to the site. Deleting the “s” from “https” would probably give you access. HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) is the secure version of HTTP and is the protocol that is used by most websites. When you visit a site, you can tell if it is secure by looking out for the lock on the address bar, just beside the URL. Bear in mind that the use of HTTP offers you no security, so if you connect through it, do so with caution and do not share any sensitive data.
Interesting Read : 4 Step guide to bypassing the school’s internet and unblocking Instagram
4. Unblock Instagram using URL shorteners: if your school or office blocks your access with basic methods, then the use of URL shorteners is one way you can get around the restriction. If you search for keyword shortening services using your browser, you can find from the results, various services available for you. What the services offer is just like its name goes, they shorten a website’s URL and it appears like a different website. If you are lucky, doing this will give you access to Instagram even if it is blocked.
5. Unblock Instagram with a VPN: if you have tried the other methods and they all failed, then the best shot you have is to make use of a VPN. It is your best chance at getting access to Instagram even though it has been blocked by the network administrator. VPN use is not just for the school or workplace, but can also be used in countries with social media bans. While it is easier to use a VPN in work and school, it is not that easy with a country as some countries like China can figure out some VPN activity and block them. Your only chance would be with the use of a very good VPN.
How to Unblock Instagram with A VPN
It is pretty straightforward and easy to use a VPN in unblocking Instagram. The steps are listed below:
- Visit a VPN provider’s website, or download a VPN app from your app store.
- Download a VPN app
- Register and choose a plan
- Now log into your account
- Choose a server from among the list of IPs and connect
Even though the server you choose can be a random one, your choice has to be guided by your situation. If the Instagram block only exists in connections made through the Wi-Fi network, then you can choose a local server. Doing this will provide you with faster internet speed. If your situation is that you are in a country that has a ban on social media including Instagram, then choose a country that is close to you with no such bans.
How to Have Access to Instagram Music from Any Location
Following the above-mentioned steps is likely to allow you to unblock Instagram, depending on the method of restriction your internet administrator uses. Bypassing the block is one part of the puzzle, and having access to Instagram music is the remaining part. Instagram music is not always available in all countries due to music licensing deals.
Interesting Read : Unblock websites in China. Unblock Facebook, DuckDuckGo & Instagram in China
Instagram music is available to users in the US, New Zealand, UK, Sweden, France, Germany, and Australia too. Other users outside these regions do not have access to it ordinarily but who says there is no way around it? You need a VPN. If you want to want to enjoy Instagram music, follow the steps above and take note the following:
- Select a server from your VPN service provider in one of the countries that have been mentioned above. To enjoy fast speed, select a country that is closest to you.
- Delete the Instagram app from your device before connecting to a VPN server, and then install it again after connection. This is because Instagram takes note of your location the first time you log in and maintains it. So if you must bypass the location block, you would need to reinstall the app.
How to Unblock Someone on Instagram?
Using Instagram is a great way to share your life in pictures and videos with your friends and family. Beyond that, you can also promote your business and brand on Instagram. Just like with other social media platforms, it is possible to be harassed or trolled on Instagram and in that case, may want to block the user. The blocked party doesn’t get any notification from Instagram that they have been blocked, so you can do it and remain discrete.
Blocking a user stops them from sending you messages, following you, or seeing your posts and stories. To block a user on Instagram, you will need to access their profile and block from there. It is not the same for all devices but it is easy in each one nonetheless. And if you ever want to unblock someone on Instagram, it is also easy and takes only a little time.
Block Someone on Instagram with a Mobile Device
- Launch the Instagram app using your android or iOS device
- Access the profile of the user whom you want to block either by searching for their Instagram handle, or scrolling through your list of followers.
- You will see three dots at the top right corner of the user’s profile, tap on it
- From the resulting menu, tap “Block”
Unblock Someone on Instagram with a Mobile Device
- Launch the Instagram app using your android or iOS device
- From the homepage of your newsfeed, tap on your profile icon. It is at the bottom right of your screen
- You will see three lines at the top right corner. Tap on it to enter your profile menu
- You will see an icon that resembles a gear at the bottom of the profile menu. It is the settings icon. Click on it
- Click on privacy
- Under the “Connections” menu, tap on “Blocked Account”
- Find and tap on the user you want to unblock under “Blocked Accounts”. Doing this will take you to their profile
- Tap “Unblock” in the user’s profile
- A confirmation will pop up, asking you if you want to unblock the user. Tap on “Unblock” and doing so will allow the user to perform all actions like follow your account, send you a message, view and like your posts and your stories.
Block Someone on Instagram with a Desktop Computer
- From your browser, visit the Instagram website
- If you are not signed in to your account, sign in
- Find the profile you want to block
- You will see three dots at the top right hand of the page just beside the user’s Instagram handle
- From the resulting menu, click on “Block User”
Unblock Someone on Instagram with a Desktop Computer
- Visit the Instagram page and sign in
- At the search bar located at the top of the page, enter the user’s Instagram handle whom you wish to unblock
- Just beside the user’s handle, you will see “Unblock”. Click on it
The decision to block Instagram is for obvious reasons, but when you are done with work and have nothing else to do, it wouldn’t hurt to check what is going on. As far as your access to Instagram doesn’t affect your productivity both at work and in school, it is fine if you take a peek every once in a while. There are a lot of methods you can use to unblock Instagram, but the most effective of them all is to use a VPN. What a VPN does is to mask your real IP and allow you to use a different IP by connecting to another server of your choice. It is important that you use a good VPN like Limevpn so that you can stay secure, have fast connection speed, and be sure that the server you choose is where it claims to be.